Accessible Amenities at Park James Hotel
We aim to extend genuine hospitality to all guests and visitors of our hotel.
Our goal is to make it as effortless as possible for everyone, including people with hearing or vision loss, or any other disability, to access information about our hotel and to book a stay.
If you encounter problems learning about our hotel or booking a stay, we encourage you to contact us by telephone or email. Our helpful staff will be delighted to assist you. Here’s how to reach us:
1400 El Camino Real,
Menlo Park, CA 94025
We are committed to providing an easy-to-use online experience for all guests, and believe that every website visitor, regardless of their device type or reliance on assistive technology (including screen readers, font magnification, translation or voice recognition software) should be able to research our site online at parkjames.com.
To ensure this, Park James Hotel complies with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0), an international standard measure of accessibility success. Our website and digital marketing programs thoughtfully adhere to these guidelines, and are continuously updated and enhanced to make our technology more accessible and user-friendly.
We have tested our hotel’s website to confirm that we meet or exceed Level AA of the WCAG 2.0 Standard.
If you have questions or concerns, or would like to report an issue related to the accessibility features of our website, please contact us at email@example.com
You can learn more about W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) HERE.
In addition, our full site was tested using SiteImprove, a third-party authority in web accessibility. The website is routinely tested to ensure that any new or newly edited content conforms with the most up-to-date accessibility guidelines, as reported by the SiteImprove tool.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you are experiencing difficulty reading the Park James Hotel website on your screen, changing the settings on your browser may help to improve the readability and visibility of each page:
Find out more about the accessibility features of these leading Internet Browsers through the links below:
- Mozilla Firefox: Click here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome: Click here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer: Click here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click here for Apple Accessibility Support
HOTEL WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES
The website for Park James Hotel was developed to be fully accessible to all site visitors and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. It conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
To navigate our website, use the tab key to explore the elements of each page and the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our sitemap for easy navigation at: https://parkjames.com/sitemap/
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes.
The website is designed to conform to Level AA compliance, as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, which details the reasoning behind each guideline.
Section 508, which includes information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
ACCESSIBILITY SOFTWARE AND SERVICES
The following free tools and services are available to assist you with viewing and interacting with our hotel website:
- Click here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
Other ADA Features
- Public Entrance – Wheelchair accessible. Push button entry available.
- Guest Rooms – wheelchair accessibility. Lighted doorbell option. Handle bars with roll-in shower.
- ADA Suite available.
- Food & Beverage Areas- Roll up tables available for dining and drinking.
- Closed Caption televisions.
- Valet parking available (no charge with ADA license plate).